Dallas Quilt Show 2019
March 8-10, 2019
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Dallas Market Hall
2200 Stemmons Freeway
For more than 20 years, Saturday afternoon, the show has boasted the sounds of a live auction. Our annual Mini Quilt Auction gives quilt makers and quilt collectors a chance to give back to the local community. Join us again on Saturday, March 9th at 1:30 PM!
The beneficiary for 2019 has been selected!
Love Thy Baby was founded in October 1999 with a focus on meeting the needs of infants born into health or economic crisis. They provide more than 50,000 items per year to infants born in need.
Parkland Health & Hospital System and John Peter Smith are the two largest public hospitals in the DFW area. On the average, the two hospitals combined deliver more than 18,000 babies a year. Statistics show that 85% of those infants are born into need. Most of the parents are the working poor in our community. The goal is to provide each baby in need with a blanket or quilt, a shirt, hat, and a pair of socks or booties. The most heartbreaking need they provide is for the burial layettes for babies who lose their fight for life.
In addition to Parkland and John Peter Smith Hospitals, donations are provided through PediPlace in Lewisville, as well as a number of agencies including Hope 4 Refugees, Sharing Life, Nexus, Family Place, and White Rock Center of Hope.
Auction proceeds will be used to purchase fabric for quilt backings, batting, and fleece for blankets. Please join us and make or buy a mini for a worthy cause.
How Can You Help?
You can help to make the auction an exciting event by
- Donating one (or more!) of your quilted creations
- Purchasing one or more of the small works of quilted art at the live auction
- Encouraging friends and neighbors to bid
Create an original design, make a mini from your favorite pattern, or perhaps be inspired by the Show Chair’s Theme “Animals.”
Members of the Guild may turn in their donation forms and quilts at the general meetings or mail them to one of the auction co-chairmen.
The Quilter’s Guild of Dallas, Inc. is a non-profit organization so your donation to the Guild is tax-deductible. However, your deduction for quilt donation is typically limited to material costs only. In other words, you cannot deduct “fair market value.”
That said, following the auction, a receipt in the amount of the auctioned price of your donation will be mailed to you.
Rules & Guidelines
- Your quilt must represent a full-sized quilt. It need not be “to scale,” but must be scaled down.
- Maximum size for a finished miniature quilt will be 25” square (no one side of a quilt can be larger than 25”).
- Interior blocks can be no larger than 4”. Please note that exceptions are made for original designs, wholecloth, art quilts and medallion quilts.
- Designs using fusible products are acceptable, but raw edges of fabric must be appropriately secured; quilting stitches,satin-stitching, or embellishments are examples.
- DO NOT use fabric paint(s) and/or pens to simulate stitching or otherwise “shortcut” the quiltmaking process.
- A sleeve must be sewn to the top of the back of the quilt. The finished sleeve must be 2.5” wide by the width of the quilt.
- Attach a 2” x 3” muslin label to the lower corner on the back side of the quilt. Include your name, year made, name of quilt and any other appropriate information. Information should be stitched or written with a Pigma permanent pen.
- ALL donations for the live auction must be received by February 7, 2019.
- An entry form must accompany each submitted quilt. Please include as much information about your quilt as possible, to give the auctioneer “selling points” to use during the sale of your quilt. Feel free to attach an additional sheet of paper if needed.
Donations are welcome from all! You DO NOT have to be a member of the Quilter’s Guild of Dallas to donate a miniature to the Miniature Quilt Auction.
Download the form and guidelines here!